Well this is my first blog post. I don't know the tricks of the trade, but I will do my best to tell the main facts first.
I started noticing individual symptoms near the first of November. First I noticed a slight change in appetite. I had a hard time eating local favorites like Chick-fil-A and Crown Burger. I was still okay eating Justine's delicious meals, but it gradually got more difficult.
The second sign appeared at work. I simply had a hard time concentrating and I even took Advil/ibuprofen which I have never taken in my life. I then noticed my energy levels decreasing rapidly like during the remodel of our house, dog walks, and simply laying down all the time.
Also, I started losing interest in about everything I liked to do before hand. I don't believe any one symptom would have led me to understand the seriousness of the testicular cancer but there was definitely rapid degeneration over about a 3 week period.
I believe it was around November 14 I first noticed a growth on my teste. I thought it could be a hernia or even kidney stones do to some pain I had. November 20 is when they did an ultrasound but didn't conclude the seriousness of the problem. November 29 we got the testicle out and the following Monday went to the cancer specialists of Utah. I entered the hospital Thursday December 6. The doctors found tumor in my lungs, lymph nodes, liver, kidneys and brain.
My next posts will detail more about feeling support and hospital experiences. Thanks for the support! -Eric

Eric, you looked great today! So good to see you feeling a little better! XOXO Mindy
ReplyDeleteEric, I have felt from the beginning that you will overcome this. I admire your strength and courage to fight. SO happy to see you doing so much better!
ReplyDelete