The first day(12/6) in the hospital was pretty boring. We checked in at 8. Susan came along to help carry things and get him settled into his room. She left around noon then came back later to check on him again. Eric's vitals were so good! Blood pressure now at 128/86 and heart rate 95.
They brought him some orange juice and crackers which he only had a tiny bit of when they told him that he cant eat or drink anything for 6 hours. Would have been nice to know so that he didn't have to go without eating during the night then all day but what can you do. Now we know to ask about that kind of stuff so he doesn't have to go without eating longer than necessary. It was a long day of talking to a few people that came in and out (Social Worker, Billing gal, Oncologist PA etc). I stayed with him most of the day. Around 3:30 it was time for Tayvia to take a nap again so I took her home. Eric was supposed to be taken back around then to have the procedure to get a Central Venous Access Device (CVAD). You can click on that to read about what it is and does exactly. They took him back at 5 and it took about 2 hours maybe 2 1/2.
I wasn't planning on staying with Eric at night during his stay at the hospital but earlier in the day he asked if I was going to so I thought that I better at least for the first night. Fridays my mom usually watches Tayvia so she said that she would stay at my house and watch her the next day. My mom has been dying to put Tayvia to bed while Eric and I were away ever since she was born. Not the most romantic first night way from the baby but it was good to spend time together nonetheless. I haven't slept that good in 7 months and I think Eric liked having me stay with him at the hospital.
After the CVAD was put in the nurse gave me a voucher so that I was able to go to the cafeteria to get Eric something to eat. We didn't ever think that the MRI people were coming because they were taking so long but at 11:30 pm they whisked him away. It didn't take long and we should know the results soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment