Wednesday, December 12, 2012
ICU Day 3 (Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012)
12:00pm Text update from Justine:
Eric was put back on the breathing machine an hour ago. They take blood and test him every 2 hours to see how well he breaths in his own. While he is on the ventilator they keep him a little sedated and pain meds going so he is comfortable. He is able to write if he needs to say something. Talk of starting chemo tonight. No feeding tube yet but will prob start that soon.
10:45am Justine just sent this text:
They are testing him the next hour to see if he can breath in his own with the tube in. If it all looks ok they may take it off today and do a cpap (“continuous positive airway pressure” breathing machine).
9:00am Update from Justine’s dad
Some good things to report this morning. Gayle stayed the night in ICU with Eric while Justine stayed home catching up on needed sleep and taking care of Tayvia. Gayle came home this morning pleased with the care Eric is getting and stated that progress was made during the night. Gayle reported that Eric’s blood pressure and heart rate had dropped to better levels. Indications so far are that last night’s spleen procedure may have been successful (keeping a close eye on that). Eric’s first day on a ventilator will be an adjustment but he is alert and aware of what is going on. Eric may get some type of feeding tube today for sustaining his energy. Justine will be at the hospital with Eric today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Stevens Family is a big fan of Eric and the Holmans, so please know that you are all in our prayers as well. So happy to see that he is surrounded by an incredible wife and family-in-law!! Thinking of you all, and praying for great blessings to come your way during this tough fight.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Amy Stevens Vivas
Thanks for the updates! We're praying for your family and hope that everything goes well with the chemo. I can't imagine going through something like this, stay strong and we'll keep praying and fasting for you!
ReplyDeleteStine- I wish I could be up there with you. You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay close to the Lord and let him know what you are thinking and feeling. He can get you though this. Love you both.
ReplyDeleteEric and Justine, you two are amazing! Please know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Last night as I was praying, a scripture popped into my head: " Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27. I just thought I should share it with you. Keep up the faith and keep fighting! Know that there are so many friends and loved ones praying on your behalf! We love you and your family so very much!
ReplyDelete-Steph and Mike Grygla
I went to high school with Eric and am deepely saddened by this news. Many prayers will be sent your way that Eric will continue to fight and win against cancer. Not only will our prayers go to Eric, but to Justine as well...I cannot imagine the stress and heartache you are feeling, continue to be Eric's rock and always look to our Savior for any additional strength you may need.
ReplyDeleteI also want to add that I love that picture of you laying next to your hubby holding his hand...I know he gets more strength from you and his little girl than you realize. Continue to Be Stong!
Hey Eric, it's been awhile but I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you and praying for you. I hope that you and your cute family can find peace and strength during this tough time. Hang in there buddy!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Rachel Clements