Oncologist came by. Believe Eric is curable still. I guess Lance Armstrong's cancer in his brain just went away. Didn't need radiation or surgery. Will just prevent seizures and watch Eric. Re-evaluate things after the twelve weeks unless something comes up and they need to sooner. Getting chemo today. Will need day nine (chemo) while in the hospital. Hopefully by then E will be moved upstairs again.
Dr Gibson on ICU floor said they would like more liquid to clear off/out of his lungs before extubating him (removing breathing tube). He is doing ok on his own so that's good. Seems more alert- looked at me a couple times, squeezed my hands, and is more used to all the tubes. He is a good patient and being strong getting through these rough days.
Got feeding tube yesterday. They didn't get it as far down into the small intestine like they want. Bowls maybe in the way but they are giving him an Ensure type drink and meds through it.
Stable. Trying to breath on his own but may not get off machine right away. Still monitoring him. Staff doing rounds and discussing patients. We will see what they say. He is fairly alert. Squeezed my hand three times (I-love-you) a few times on his own. I told him I got my hair done and he looked at me.
Eric may not remember me. But I went to high school with him. Although we did not run in the same crowd very often, I always thought very highly of Eric and his ability to treat everyone fairly, friend or not. It saddens me to hear this news. But I am glad that things seem to be turning in the right direction. Y'all will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. On a more personal note, my mom (Shelley Frohm) works as a nurse manager where Eric receives his chemo treatments. She has been through cancer battles with her mom and husband as well. I told her to keep an eye out for y'all. I hope that that is not bothersome to you. If so, let me know. But if you need someone to talk to, and you see her there, don't hesitate to stop her. Again our thoughts and prayers go out to you all!
ReplyDeleteI had to travel a lot lately across the united states for work, and have spent the last few days at Penn St. University. They had a jar of LiveStrong wristbands so I bought $100.00 worth and handled them out to all my clients and told them of my friends Eric and Justine and the incredible suffering they are going through. You were constantly on my mind. And now with this band on my wrist it will keep me continually watchful unto prayer for your behalf. After I handed out the wristbands to my group, everyone spoke of how their world has changes in the near future and times not so long ago because of the scourge of cancer in their families. After a good round of stories and hugs with the guys and counting our blessings, everyone emptied out their eating out cash there in the Children's bucket in the Oncology Ward at Penn ST. and we were able to turn my $100 into $1000 lickty-split. The spirit there was really strong and so I want you to know that you now have Clients Like Glenn o. Hawbaker Construction, BROWZ, and Penn St. that have been moved by your story and the careful loving care of your wife and new baby, alllll the way across the country. You're inspiring all of us with your love and determination to love each other and serve each other. Hang in there Holmans! I love you, Grant Lundberg (1st Councilor Bishopric, Murray Little 8th Ward.
ReplyDeleteMaking good progress buddy! Keep up the good work getting through the ups and downs of chemo. We're here for you guys if you need anything. Get through this first round and we'll go see The Hobbit as soon as you're feeling up to it. Thinking of you guys and praying for you constantly. Love ya BUDDAY!
ReplyDelete