Friday, December 21, 2012

Radiation Day 6 (Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012)


     Last night Eric and his friend Davis watched the Count of Monte Cristo. I called to see if Eric wanted to Facetime for a minute since I wasn't going back for an evening visit like I usually do. He turned Tayvia and I down....alas we just went to bed and got some much needed rest.
     Eric's sister Laura stayed with Eric again for part of the night and her husband Adam took over sleepover duties. They said that Eric didn't get as much sleep. He didn't want a sleeping pill so he wasn't saying funny things again.
From Eric's niece Kate
     Eric's sister Jenny was able to hang out with him for most of the day today, and then I was there this evening. Radiation went well this morning. They gave Eric a schedule for treatments after he is discharged. Eric will get weekends off to recover as well as Christmas off. Eric didn't do much physical therapy today. The physical therapist stopped by while I was there but Eric was sleeping so they said that they would come back in the morning to work with him.
     Eric had a lot of fun visitors today. I know he really likes seeing people. I know that Eric was hoping to come home today but he needed a couple blood transfusions. Every time he is getting blood I look at the bag and think. Whoever you are that donated that blood...Thank you. Bless your heart. You are helping my husband stay alive and healthy.




1 comment:

  1. So true, people who donate blood are so amazing! I'm so happy he will be able to be home for Christmas. Thinking of you guys all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete