Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Radiation Day 5 (Wednesday, Dec 19, 2012)

     They took Eric to radiation early this morning again. It doesn't take long anymore now that Eric can ride in a wheel chair instead of squishing in small elevators on a gurney with team of nurses and hoses. We had a pretty relaxing morning. One thing that I do every time I visit Eric is give him hand and feet massages. He says it's his favorite and helps relax him.
     Eric's kidney's are doing great. Liver is alright. Bilirubin is 4.8 when it should be 1 or less. His body is just working hard to absorb blood in his abdomen and from his arm. That picture where his arm is purple was actually I.V. infiltration where when they give medicine through the I.V. and it escapes the vein into the body. Well the body is working to absorb that too. Eric's red blood cell count is half what it should be so he may need another blood transfusion.. He is also higher risk to get sick so they also don't want him be discharged today but maybe tomorrow or the next day.
     When Eric was admitted this his HCG level was in the millions. It's now down to just of 500,000 which is awesome that its going down! His body is getting better.
     Eric had day 16 of chemo today. Officially done with round one of chemo. And I think I misunderstood yesterday. Eric can come home soon but will need to go to physical therapy everyday. He said that he would rather do outpatient than doing inpatient PT and  staying in the hospital any longer than necessary.
     This is a cute note from Eric's niece Madalyn:

     I love the last line. I hope so too.  A friend posted this on my Facebook.

"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as the expectation of something tomorrow."
- Orison Swett Marden

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see he's getting a little better I do a little jig. Hope is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Davis came home last night from being with Eric, Davis kept saying how positive he is about everything. Eric's in such great spirits despite what he is going through. He truly is an example to us all. We love you, Eric!

    ReplyDelete