(Update from Justine's dad)
A lot has happened today with Eric's care. Throughout the day today they monitored Eric’s blood levels closely. When his blood levels continued declining it was obvious that yesterday’s embolism of the spleen was not successful in stopping the hemorrhaging. The continued hemorrhaging caused the liver to be overworked and Eric had some symptoms of jaundice. Eric and Justine were advised this afternoon that a surgery was likely necessary to “strangle” or “clamp off” the entire spleen. However Eric was too high risk for surgery so the interventional radiologist did another embolism on the spleen.
This afternoon Eric suffered another seizure, which is not uncommon with mild brain swelling and does not cause brain damage. Eric’s breathing has been labored and his heart rate has been high so the decision was made to put him on a ventilator this evening. The ventilator is stabilizing Eric and will also protect his airway if more seizures occur.
Before this evening’s procedures began, Justine called and asked for priesthood blessings for her and Eric. Gayle, Paul, and myself were able to give Eric and Justine blessings of comfort, love, and healing. Eric was mindful and grateful and thanked us. I know that the Lord knows what this family is going through. That he will be with Justine and Eric during this difficult trial. I know there are many prayers offered in Eric’s behalf that brings great comfort.
I'm glad that they could both get a blessing. I know that there are many people praying and thinking of Eric and Justine. It is awesome! This morning Denzil told our friend from church "Everyone has to pray for MY Eric" when they were dropping off their kid to play for the morning. Super cute.
ReplyDeleteDenzil is so cute! That will be one of the first things I tell Eric this morning when he wakes up.
Delete