Friday, December 14, 2012
Hottie Holman Love
Hello everyone this is Justine’s mom Kathy. I've been wanting to write this entry for a few days now. I am calling this entry the Hottie Holman Love. It has been so touching to witness the deep love Justine and Eric have for each other. I wanted to share a few things I've seen or been told by Justine. One time I walked into the hospital room and there was Justine snuggled in next to Eric's hospital bed watching a movie. Justine mentioned to me how important it was for her to go up every night to read scriptures with Eric. After a very difficult night for Eric, Justine stayed all day with him. She attended to Eric's needs all day long. Eric told her all day. "I am so glad your here" "thanks for staying with me" "I love you" "your doing a good job." . At the hospital they are constantly holding hands. They do the 1-2-3 squeeze. (I love you) Even these past few days with Eric being sedated, Justine still holds his hand and gives it three squeezes. And whispers to Eric, I love you. Today during her visit with Eric she was pretty excited, one of the first things Eric did was take her hand and squeezed it three times. Mind you he is still in the ICU, on a breathing machine, and heavily medicated. But Eric knew Justine was there and the first thing he did was tell his sweet wife his loves her. Amazing! I am a firm believer in the healing power of LOVE! I can see it when Justine holds Eric’s hand, looks in his eyes and strokes his hair, it has a calming effect on Eric. I know the love between Justine and Eric is spiritual, powerful, and eternal and it will see them through this. As a family we are grateful beyond words for everyone’s out pouring of LOVE for this sweet family. They feel it. So thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

They have always had so much love! It was so much fun to see them dating each other and than being sealed for all time and eternity. We can all learn how to better serve our loved ones from them. They are such good parents to little Tayvia, you can see and feel the love they have for her. I just love the Holman hotties :) Bennett can't wait to play with Tayvia :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post! Justine, you are amazing! You are in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteOh how darling! We love you all so much! Holmans are tough and stubborn! Eric is going to fight through this. Kathy give Justine a big hug from us. And squeeze Eric's hand 3 times and tell him it is from me. Love you,
ReplyDeleteScott & Christine Cook
Dear Eric & Justine, We are following your blog with rapt attention and admiration for all you both are going through. Eric, the entire Sao Paulo South Mission knows of your battle, and they are praying for you. President DeBry and I send our love, our prayers, and our knowledge that God has encircled you both in his arms. Com amor, The DeBrys
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that Kathy.
ReplyDeleteDear Justine,
ReplyDeleteI am Morgan Gasser's mom. I am so sorry you are going threw this. I hope he is going to be ok. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Knowing Jesse and what a strong close family you come from you will make it through this. take care
This post made me cry! So sweet. Tayvia is a lucky girl to have two parents who give each other so much love and support. You are such a great example to me, Justine! You continue to be in my thoughts any prayers.
ReplyDelete