Eric's good buddy Andrew stayed with him most of the day. They took Eric off to radiation around 9:45 which is quite a bit earlier then they normally have been. When he got back one of the first things that he asked Andrew was when I was going to come see him. Finally by 12:40 Tayvia went over to the Holman's to play with cousins that came into town for the Holidays. Then I was on my way to see him for a couple hours. Boy those two had a good time together reminiscing about the good ol' college days. I wont go into any details haha, boys...
This morning during rounds the doctors discussed possibly taking Eric off of the feeding tube. Now that Eric is okay to eat food there is no need for him to have the feeding tube. Well, after lunch Eric coughed up some mucous like he has been.\, and he started to throw up...out came the feeding tube. That's one way to get it out- not the funnest way he said though.
Eric is always so sweet. Whenever I leave he gives me this puppy dog face and doesn't want me to go. I would stay if I could but I have the babe to look after, who at the moment is teething...can't wait till that phase is over.
![]() |
| One of Eric's co-workers is a cyclist and met Lance Armstrong in person some years ago. Lance gave him a LiveSTRONG band which he has treasured and kept safe in the wrapper all this time. Eric's co-worker heard about Eric's fight with the same cancer that Lance battled and decided to give the special band to Eric. |
Eric and I had an enjoyable evening just the two of us! We talked. Looked at pictures. Read some blog posts. He did get a little emotional looking at pictures of Tayvia and reading your comments on here. He likes to see what I write about everything. Eric doesn't remember Tuesday- Friday of last week so he wondered what happened. It's probably a good thing that he doesn't remember....wheres MY forgetful medicine. lol The last thing Eric remembers from Tuesday is his friend Sammy visiting him. Later when Eric was able to write to communicate he wrote this:



Thanks for letting me and Adam stay with you last night. You got to have your first shower in a week and said it felt really good to be clean. The doctor said you need to stop drinking water and only have gatorade, smoothies, or soda pop in order to sustain the sodium levels in your brain. Adam came to trade places with me after you had received your night meds. The medicine made you pretty loopy. You were talking a lot and knew it was part dream and part being awake. The first time you thought you were having a conversation with Brian and Russ and the second time you wanted the boat to stop rocking. My favorite was when Adam brought in the Gatorade. I think you'd been fighting sleep so you could have a drink. After we'd opened the bottle, put in the straw and held it to your lips, you said "Nice job, Maytag!" to Adam. I think Maytag is an excellent new name for him.
ReplyDeleteHe is looking a lot better. Keep fighting! Team Eric is always in our thoughts and prayers :)
ReplyDeleteEazy, enjoyed hanging out with you on Sunday. Good times watching football and ESPN. Also was happy to be your errand boy, repositioning your blankets and being on ice chip duty. Hope I didn't wear you out too much before Clint got there. Glad to hear you got the feeding tube out and have been ok'd to eat. I'll plan on stopping by after work this week if you're up for it.
ReplyDeleteHey buddy, good seeing you today. You look tons better even since Sunday night. Good to see those dimples back today ;). I hope I wasn't too much of a burden. Heather and most of my family have told me to send their love your way over the last few days. Everyone's always thinking about you and asking about you...and they're all glad to have the blog to keep them updated. See you soon. Keep on keepin' on. La-ba-la-ba-zinni! (Hope you still remember that.)
ReplyDelete