11:30 pm
Well, I had a good afternoon & evening with Eric. We watched Elf and a segment on the shooting in Connecticut - what a tragedy! Took a nap together...well at the same time. :) It was much needed! The Respiratory Therapists are going to let Eric continue using the ventilator in the CPAP mode. Usually at night they have increased the oxygen and pressure on the ventilator so that it helps him more and he can rest better. But Eric's lungs are doing better so they want to see how he will do on his own for a longer period of time. Baby steps toward getting him off the machine and out of the ICU!
I think the one thing that has bothered him the most about being on the ventilator is that his mouth is so dry. All he can do right now is wet his mouth and lips with a small sponge swab. And with the feeding tube Eric never feels hungry, but I know that he will be very excited to drink something again.
6:30pm Update
Justine’s dad John:
How did Eric’s radiation therapy go today? Any updates?
Justine:
I may get more of an update at seven when he gets a new nurse. Fine I think. It makes his stomach upset. They are hopeful that he only needs the breathing tube for another day. Once that's out he will move out of ICU hopefully. His color looks a ton better today! iPad app is awesome (“Touch Voice” app gives Eric better way to communicate than spelling words on a chart of letters).
Good news Eazy! Getting closer to getting off the machine and out of the ICU. I'm looking forward to hanging out tomorrow and helping where I can.
ReplyDelete