Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chemo. Round 1. Day 4. (12/12/12)

Justine:
     I have a quick moment to give an update tonight. Eric's dad is with him tonight and I just got the baby down (sorta) and have a quick moment to update you on today. From early this morning until this evening I was able to stay with Eric at the hospital. Luckily nothing too exciting happened. When I used to tell people that I didn't do much that day when they asked it seemed a bit of a drab answer but now I'm telling you- be grateful for a none eventful day!
     Oops! I spoke too soon, Tayvia just woke up. My dad will finish this update.

John:
     Talking directly to Dr. Chandramouli the oncologist today was a big help for Justine. It is clear that he is paying very close attention to Eric's health, meeting in person or talking on the phone with the other oncologists multiple times times per day to discuss Eric's condition and treatments. Eric will likely remain in the hospital for another 10 to 14 days Dr. Chandramouli said.
     It is important to note that Eric is stable. The many treatments are helping to move Eric in the right direction and the chemotherapy is doing its job. We are learning that the side affects Eric is experiencing are to be expected. Today a big step in the right direction was that Eric was able to receive his fourth of this round of five chemo treatments.
     Thank you again for the outpouring of love and support of Eric and Justine. We are looking forward to seeing Eric return home in the next couple of weeks to recoup before his next round of chemotherapy treatments. In the mean time we will take things one day at a time and prepare to celebrate with you, our Saviors birth on December 25th.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for keeping this blog. I know it's extra work but it is so nice to feel updated when I wake up in the morning or the middle of the night with the baby. Thinking and Praying for you all constantly.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a site created by someone who had testicular cancer talking about it in real life - not all the technical terms, but tells you what to expect etc. http://tcrc.acor.org/

    Also here are some suggestions to do with the extra space between his legs:
    Jingle Ball - Fun for the holidays, or anytime you want to hear him coming.
    The MAGNUT - A magnet that provides a convenient place for that hide-a-key. Warning: Do not approach large appliances.
    The Laughing Bag - Imagine the surprise of your guests when they discover the source of this cackling laughter! Requires a 9-volt battery -- DO NOT USE IN THE BATH.

    All good choices, I'd go for the jingle Ball.

    ReplyDelete