Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Good Night.

Today I thought Eric was taking a nap so I snuck away to eat lunch...only to get a text with a request for what he wanted for lunch. Before surgery the nurse asked Eric if he had any concerns going into the procedure today. He said honestly I'm just thinking about what I want to eat after lol 
Shortly after lunch Eric's mom came to visit for a little bit. 
We spoiled our dinner with a cookie and brownie. We asked the nurse for milk and it took a while to get it. Most people in the ICU aren't able to eat and the fridge was out of stock so it took a minute to track down some milk. Lol I returned to the cafeteria to get dinner...two beef chimichangas that were pretty good. 
Eric's brother Paul and his wife Jodi also stopped by to see how E was doing. We face timed with miss Tayvia Sue this afternoon as well. She is so cute and we all can't wait until we are reunited.
Eric was able to get unhooked from a few contraptions...blood pressure cuff etc and go for a walk around the unit before retiring for the night. 
The nurse will be doing assessments on Eric every two hours during the night to make sure he doesn't develop weakness in one side of his body over the other. I'm hoping to sleep through it. I'm on a recliner tonight because even though I fit in Eric's bed with him to watch t.v. he said I can't sleep there :( ok, fine. It's only for one night.



No comments:

Post a Comment