The night went well. I could hear the nurse come in to do assessments on Eric. At about 3 they took Eric down for a follow up ct scan. When I woke up and saw that he was gone I thought gee he must be restless and went out for a walk but his I.V. poll was still here. Did he escape? Lol Not too much later his nurse was wheeling him back in from the scan. Everything looked great on the scan.
We just met with Dr. Rich's nurse practicioner. She was following up on how surgery went and how Eric is doing.
She removed the dressing and told us how to take care of the battle scares. Eric basically shouldn't get them wet and when he goes outside he needs to wear a hat. Next Thursday he will go in to get the staples removed.
The soonest he can return to work is Monday but she advices that he take a week off to recover.
As I noted in a previous post they found dead tissue and not new or old cancer. In a week they will have the final results.
I'm going to run down to the cafeteria to grab breakfast and hope we get out of here soon....in record time I might add. We are only staying one night during this hospital visit and no one can stop us!

No comments:
Post a Comment