Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Day!

I woke up Saturday morning and decided it would be a good time to quickly post an update on here. I had a few days to catch up on. All the while Eric was getting a transfusion of Platelets. It took me longer than I thought to update the blog and didn't have much time to get my things together to leave and get ready for Eric's younger brother Paul's wedding. I waited a couple of extra minutes while the nurses gave Eric his morning medications and checking his vitals while he received platelets. While I was stalling the nurse said that Eric's bone marrow had grafted!! YAY! Great news! 

As I was about to leave Eric's nurse asked me if I was leaving to go see our daughter. I said no and that I had to go home and quickly get ready for Eric's brothers wedding. The nurse said that there was a good possibility that Eric would be able to go to the wedding since his neutrophils were now normal, his platelets were good since he had a transfusion, and his red blood cell count was ok. So I went ahead and left because I didn't have much time to get ready, but I told Eric to let me know what the doctors had to say. I got a text on my way home that there was a 50/50 possibility of Eric coming to the wedding and that I should pack his clothes "just in case." 

When I get home Eric said that he got the green light to come. I was still trying to throw myself together so I ran Eric's clothes over to the Holman's and had one of the brothers-in-law run Eric's dress clothes up to the hospital and bring Eric to the temple for the ceremony. I quickly laid out an outfit for Tayvia for my parents to stop by and change her into, then I rode to the temple with Eric's sister with hot curlers in my hair...LOL. 

When we got to the temple we chatted with family who would be watching the kids for a minute and then Eric's mom and I decided that we better head down to the marriage waiting area. We wondered if Eric had made it down there yet. I got my recommend checked and when I turned around to wait for his mom I see him walk in. I just started to cry! Eric was like man you are emotional! I was like, "I have a good reason to be." Everyone else who found out that Eric was well enough to go to Paul's wedding gots teary too! What an incredible thing that that night Eric's bone marrow grafted in time for him to attend his brothers wedding. Prayers were answered. God is good. Happy, Happy day! 

Tayvia wondered who this man with the mask on was. She wasn't too sure about Eric at first and was hesitant to go to him until he took his mask off long enough for her to see that it was just her daddy. Sitting on that bench for a few minutes with my family was the light at the end of this first tunnel for me!

We stayed just long enough to get a couple pictures with the happy couple. They were so excited to see Eric at the ceremony. It definitely made everything that much better! We stopped for Jamba Juice smoothies before returning Eric to the hospital.

Paul and Jodi came to the hospital to visit Eric after all of the pictures outside the temple just before the luncheon. Because I knew that we would all be so busy with wedding festivities I told some of his close friends that it would be a great time to go see him. Although he had had a busy morning he was feeling good and they had a great visit!

Tayvia took her afternoon nap and missed the luncheon, then we got all dressed up in our coordinating attire and headed to the ring ceremony and reception together. My mom came back to help me with miss Tayvia. Miss Tayvia loved running over this bridge! Jodi(the bride)'s sister helped Skype Eric in on the ring ceremony and most of the reception. Family, friends and neighbors enjoyed saying hello to Eric through video chat! Miss Jodi is the best! She made a card board cut out of Eric. This way Eric was 'in' all of the family pictures. Tayvia kept going over to the cut out wanting 'Eric' to hold her. She even gave him a kiss!

It was also my mom's birthday on Saturday. Hearing that Eric's bone marrow grafted and that he was well enough to come to Paul's wedding ceremony was the best birthday present that she could have! (in her words!)

What a happy day for all!



2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that Eric got to go to the wedding! I'm glad he's doing well! And Davis' message on the white board made me laugh! My dad has prostate cancer and I found out recently that his oncologist is Dr. Chandramouli... I think I read on here before that he is Eric's Dr. too. I have never met him but my dad says he's a great guy. I'm glad both my dad and Eric have a good dr.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh this post made me cry. I'm so happy Eric got to go to his brother's wedding. How special!

    ReplyDelete