Saturday, August 10, 2013

BMT week #2

We made it through the second week of Eric's BMT. It started out rough but ended much better. The days blur together a little. Most days he has had platelet transfusions. I guess they are the last thing to recover and it's normal to need transfusions as much as he has. Yesterday Eric needed two blood transfusions. More importantly his white blood cell count is going up and even his neutrophils are rising...yay! The doctor said that he is grafting early. He isn't fully grafted yet but his body is doing what we need it to. Eric is looking to leave the hospital early next week. Yay! Keep up the good work Eric!

Week #2 banner and notes on the white board from my parents. 


On Thursday it seemed that Eric was having a rough morning. He called me like four times which he doesn't normally do. I think after being put on a different dose of a different pain med he started to have vivid dreams. He is pretty sleepy on all the medicine he is taking so I think the combination made him feel uneasy. I thought he needed a pick me up and decided that it would be ok for Tayvia to pay him a quick visit. Tayvia also wrote him a special note down the hallway that we often walk. The hallway has blank picture frames that don't get erased like the white board does.


The first thing little miss did was climb on her dad and gave him the biggest love. They were so happy to see each other! She kept giving him kisses too! She wanted to play on the iPad and other fun toys that I had for her. All the while Eric was stroking her arm and playing with her hair. He missed and loves his little girl. I think it did the good that his heart needed to get through the week!
Eric's mom Susan came up for a nice visit. 
I stayed the night that night. Our future sister-in-law and good friend Jodi came up to say hi. She even made a special run to Smiths down the street to get Eric a tropical punch juice! And maybe a candy bar for me. :)

Friday morning Eric requested a cinnamon roll so I ran to kneaders down at city creek to get one. His appetite hasn't been too great this week. He had a couple low calorie count days but started to supplement with boost which helped a lot! If he wasn't able to get his calorie intake up he would have needed nutrition through an I.V.  

I spent most of Friday with Eric. He mostly just slept though. I left around four to take a shower and see miss Tayvia. My brother Jordan came up to see Eric. Eric's sister Laura also visited Eric later. When I got back we stayed up and watched Athens great and powerful Oz for date night and I stayed at the hospital again. 

I hope that you all keep the support and prayers coming because we need it! I appreciate all of the nice things that people have brought over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment