Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Free Time

It's so strange not to take Eric to treatments. We went to UCS to see about applying for financial aide and also to IMC. For the record UCS was a lot more helpful! It was strange going to these places for non medical needs. Yesterday my dad was like are you doing anything tomorrow? I said no thinking nothing is special about tomorrow. Then he said Eric doesn't have treatment, you haven't had a free Tuesday in a while. This is true. Normally this would be Eric's long week of chemo. Now it's like we don't know what to do with ourselves. I told Eric he needs to blog but he doesn't want to until he feels better. I don't know how often I'll be posting until he has appointments but ill try to update a little.
The numbness that Eric has felt is getting a little better. Instead on constant numbness it comes and goes every few minutes. It's just shots down his legs. It seams to happen more when his feet get icy cold. It's weird if you feel his calf it's warm then as you go down to his feet you can feel it get colder.
Eric is experiencing some nausea but is doing his best to eat regardless.
Eric hasn't been sleeping as much during the day the last few days. It's good to see him getting up more. He is also able to help with Tayvia more. She loves her dad!


Haha the other day we were having a family dinner at my parents and my brother Jordan brought a couple soda's for Eric. (E washes down what he eats with pop) So Eric drinks one at dinner. After we eat he took a little nap. After he went to open the second pop. All the while we are watching Duck Dynasty and they are shooting guns. We hear thing big POP. It sounded like a gun going off. We all jumped. I guess my other brother Tyler intended for this trick to be for me. He turned the top around so it put pressure on the opposite side that you open it and made the side you open/normally push down pop up making the loud noise. That woke Eric up!
On Sunday we had a nice dinner at Eric's parents. His brother Russ cooked up a delicious meal for Eric to celebrate him finishing chemo. Eric helped feed Tayvia while I got my rolls going.
I know Eric is anxious to get back to work. Too bad I broke his computer cord and he is waiting for a new one to come in the mail.
As Eric starts to feel better and the weather gets warmer we will have to start doing more fun things with our free time.. As for now we will have to enjoy our lunch of pizza and smoothies ( in a margarita glass of coarse) while the baby takes a nap.




*Update* Oh look. We did make it to the park today!

No comments:

Post a Comment