Now that I have been home for over a week it has been hard to find motivation to keep people updated on my progress. I sure missed being home; a hospital can nearly drive a man crazy with all the monitoring, beeps, and gross food. My body is still quite weak but at least most of the damage caused from my seizures to my left arm is getting better. I am actually typing with two hands now and so most of my motor skills are returning. Coordination is returning though I still have to be focused to do basic things like throwing or dribbling a ball. My rotator cuff is the weakest part right now and that is where the center of the seizure originated. I work out most days with very small weights and rubber bands to try to build some muscle back. I am taking a lot of protein and eating as much as I ever have, yet I have lost more weight since I have been home... go figure. I generally haven't been feeling any pain; although, last night was New Years and I think I laughed too much which did unsettle some organs in the abdominal cavity. The spleen is still a little tender but seems to be doing well. I still am coughing a bit a mucus up from my lungs, but I think part of it is that every person in my family and Justine's family seemed to have some sort of sickness this last week since I've been home. I am taking a heavy anti-biotic for protection however. I have been on a couple walks with the dog, but with this inversion it seems prudent to stay indoors a little more. The best part has been getting enough energy to play with Tayvia again. Doctor's orders have been to crawl around with her to strengthen the shoulder. She has also gotten over her sickness which has made things a little more pleasant for Justine. Justine and I were able to get some Christmas shopping done this last week even though they were after-Christmas sales we scored some good items. I have two more days of radiation this week and then I start another round of Chemo on January 7. This time will be outpatient so hopefully I won't be returning to the hospital any time soon. After the next round of Chemo we will do more MRIs and CT scans to determine how effective the treatment has been on the tumors. It's definitely been a good time to be home and I feel things are constantly improving. I certainly do appreciate the overwhelming support that I have received and am a true believer that that support has been the main reason I have improved as much as I have.
Much Love,
Eric

No comments:
Post a Comment