Friday, January 18, 2013

Never a dull moment (Friday, Jan. 18, 2013)

     Monday morning Eric was planning to return to work. He got up and started getting ready and the next thing I know he is crawling back into bed. I asked Eric if he wasn't feeling well and he said he wasn't and that he had experienced another small seizure while getting ready. So I let Eric sleep while I got up for the day with miss Tayvia.
     Eric had started weaning off of an anti-inflammatory medicine, so I called his doctors to make sure he should still do that or if he still needed to take it following the small seizure. Dr. Hunter (radiation oncologist) said that it would be good for Eric to take the medicine that day even if it messes up his every-other-day pattern, and to finish it when he is supposed to. Dr. Hunter also made sure that Eric was still taking anti-seizure meds and advised to continue on that. He also said to follow up with Dr. Chandramouli (oncologist).
     Tuesday Eric had chemo. I knew this treatment would not take long so Tayvia and I took Eric to the cancer center. I thought about running a quick errand during the treatment but decided not to so I could wait close by in the car and Eric could just run out when he was done.
     So much for being quick. I swear when I go with him things take longer. One of the PA's took the chance to meet with Eric to make sure that things were going okay since I had called then about the seizure. They discussed any symptoms that Eric was experiencing and told him that 7 to 10 days after treatment is when he will feel most of the effects of chemo treatments. The PA suggested that Eric may feel like sleeping all of the time but he should take every opportunity to get out and do something.
     Wednesday we both returned to work. For me it is good to get back into a routine and out of the house a little bit. I am really grateful for the support my coworkers have given me. It was so nice to have some time off work during a time that I was needed at home. Eric sured enjoyed his afternoon at work as well and will try to pop in a couple times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment