Thursday, January 3, 2013

Radiations Day 15(Jan 3, 2013)

Eric's good friend TJ shaved his hair short to show his support.
   Eric had a follow up with Dr. Childs. I dont know what it is but for the second time I showed up to an appointment a day early. I did this for one of Tayvia's appointments a while back. I think that I just worry about being on time or forgetting about it so I get things mixed up. Who knows but they were able to squeeze us in for Eric's post-op exam. It went well. Dr. Childs was relieved to see Eric doing better since the last time we saw him and everything looks good. We will need to go back in 6 months for another follow up. I know that the Lord is looking out for us and helping make sure that Eric is receiving the best care possible. I dont think it's by chance that Eric has been seeing the doctors that he has. I really like Dr. Childs(urologist) and Dr. Chandramouli(oncologyst) and trust that they truly care about Eric, his well being, and want to do everything to get him better! It is and has been very comforting. 
 
  Eric had his LAST radiation treatment today! YAY! He got a couple souvenirs. His mask that goes over his head and connects to the table. It helps mark where the radiation needs to target/focus. He also got a certificate of completion. To celebrate we went on a little lunch date. I should've taken pictures but I forgot. It was the first time that Eric wanted fast food and he got to pick where we went. He chose Canton Village. We are so happy that we are over this hurdle. They want to see him back in a month to get a follow MRI to see how well the radiation worked but they are confident that he wont need further radiation treatment. I will let him elaborate on any symptoms that he has felt from radiation.



1 comment: