Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chemo week

This week seems to be going good. On Monday they were having trouble accessing Eric's port again so they started an I.v. in his arm to get things going. Then they were able to use some medicine to help breakdown the proteins in Eric's port and access it to start his other chemo. Double time baby! Eric said that it wasn't very comfortable to have both going but I liked that he got done a couple hours early! Tayvia and I had a fun morning together! This girl loves playing outside. We took a cute picture to send to Eric.



Tuesday Eric's mom took him to chemo. I noticed later that morning that Eric forgot his phone so I went and got him Chic-fil-A for lunch. It was fun for Tayvia and I to have an excuse to surprise Eric with a visit. I was really surprised to see another young man getting treatment. Not sure what he has but he is the first male in his twenties that I've seen at the clinic. 

The rest of his week went well. Either Eric's mom or I would help take him. Tayvia and I took him lunch again on Thursday (my day off) because going from 8:30-3:30 is too long to not eat more than chex mix and coke that the clinic provides. I hooked Eric up to an I.V. every night this week. It helps replace lost electrolytes. He went in Saturday for another shot to help with his white blood cell count.



Eric shaved his beard off again. His hair started falling out again. When he trimmed his beard it got pretty patchy by the next day so he shaved it. He lost his appetite the latter part of this week and has been taking a nap every day and lounging more. He also likes to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather. We do make sure to get out for a family walk everyday. It was nice to have the ward bring a couple meals the days that I work. One less thing to worry about.

We enjoyed our weekend! Friday we went to a matinee and saw Superman. Gotta beat the crowd when your white blood cells aren't happy. Saturday we played some tennis with my mom and brother. Later we had a fun BBQ with friends. Sunday we enjoyed celebrating Father's Day. The program at church was nice. We had family over for a yummy dinner. Eric doesn't like public thank you's or acknowledgments but I just have to say how much I admire his special relationship with Tayvia! She can't go down for the night without a kiss from her dad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment