I started this post as a No news is good news part dos, but before I had a chance to post it we got a phone call today.Well it's been a little while since we have blogged. Not much has been going on which is kinda nice. We did plant our garden. No pictures yet though because nothing has sprouted. We have been going on walks. Celebrating graduations and birthdays. Had a fun date to the movies. Tayvia still prefers crawling but has been showing off some mad walking skills lately. It's fun to see how excited she gets when she does! Scratch that she started walking today! Ah! She is so elated and proud of herself.
Oh....you want to know how Eric is doing and not what we have been up to. Okay. He is doing good. Weighing in at 147!!!! Which is good. I think I mentioned before about Eric's hair coming back. All over his head light grey hairs seem to be coming in. Not sure Eric is too excited about that. His beard is awesome, eye lashes and eye brows are coming in more and more. I especially love the back of his head. He has a nice strip of hair at the base and a small patch an inch above. I'm not saying this to make fun but talk about awesome!
I don't want to sound any alarms so don't get worried as you read this. He has had what can be considered partial seizures. About two per month since February. I didn't know he was having them that often so the ones he has told me about I thought were bigger/worse than they really are. It worried me when I talked to Eric last Friday on the phone and he was like I'm having twitches again. (That's what he calls them.) It just brought flash backs to his first one-not fun! When they happen its only his left neck, shoulder, and arm. They only last for a minute or two. He doesn't have confusion or pain.
We don't meet with Dr. C for another week or so (I tried to call him Friday to see where his markers are and let them know about the seizure but they never called back.) I then talked to our bro-in-law who is a doctor about his opinion. I just wanted to know why the doctors aren't worried about him having partial seizures and why if his brain tumors have shrunk and hopefully died that he continues to have partial seizures. He explained that Eric probably has scare tissue and its so close to the part of his brain that controls his left side that it maybe normal for him to experience partial seizures. Generally partial seizures aren't treated with anti seizure meds.
** Update from Tuesday **Well shucky darn!!! Hopefully this is a fluke or not a big deal....we got a call from Dr. C today. You know what that means. Yep, his marker jumped to 300. Ugh! What a low blow. He was getting so close to where he needs to be. Dr. C said that he would like to see what this weeks blood draw shows to know what the plan should be. He is also ordering another MRI a little earlier then planned since I had called Dr. C about Eric's partial seizure activity. Better to be safe I say. I want to know if they can see scare tissue or not too. So we will see tomorrow or the next day what the plan is I guess.
I have never asked anyone to pray for us but right now we especially need it. We are so thankful for all who do because it has helped us so much this far! Please say a special one for us the next chance you get. Bless Eric's body to over come this and get better, his doctors to be guided in how best to help Eric, for me to stay strong (my relief society lesson Sunday helped remind me "look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." D & C 6: 36), and we can't forget miss Tayvia. :) Thank you all for your unwavering support throughout this. Lets hope for good news but know that The Lord has his plan and timing to these things and is looking out for us no matter where this journey is taking us.
Each of you are in our prayers. Livestrong and best wishes. <3 U
ReplyDeleteYou all are in every one of our prayers and we'll keep it up! We love you! It's so frustrating to not know what else to do. We'll keep praying and fasting. Please know we're standing on the sidelines, cheering you on. Call out and we'll help with whatever you nee.
ReplyDelete