Our good friend Brooke was able to take Tayvia while I took Eric to chemo today. She has three girls so I knew she was in good hands and would have fun!
Shame on us. Eric forgot to take a preventative medication(sodium bicarbonate-neutralizes acid in the bladder) yesterday and today so they had to take an extra hour giving that to him this morning before administering chemo. His Ph level needed to be at a certain level before they would give him the drug Ifex. The regiment that Eric is on now takes longer to administer only about an hour longer but it still makes for a long day. Thank goodness for the ipad!
!friday!
Today is now Friday and Eric has taken over finishing the post. Chemo has been pretty good this week as I have yet to feel side effects. Sleeping with the IV hasn't been too fun because I have to go to the bathroom every couple hours. Overall health seems to be good. The update from my ct scans were positive. One spot on my liver shrunk 11 mm and it seemed that most of the others did too between 3 and 10 mm. So tumors are still shrinking and depending on my markers next week we may skip the second chemo and do the bone marrow work ahead of schedule.


I'm glad to hear the tumors are shrinking! That's definitely some good news! Keep us posted on the timing for the rest. I hope you'll be well enough to attend Paul's wedding.
ReplyDelete