Well the end of round 3 was more difficult than round 2. Being anemic with low blood counts made everything about my body slow down. It was the first time I experienced the nausea that people associate with chemo. Also, many parts of my body would tingle and even shake. Naturally dizziness was also associated with those days.
It is amazing how things can slow down mentally during chemo. My bro just last night talked about how a friend recovered from cancer and said her mind was sharper than ever. Well I started thinking about it and there is a word search game I like to play and the other day I whizzed through it in over 500 sec thinking I'd be close to my best ever... Then I saw my previous record of 305 sec from a few months before and realized my mental quickness wasn't there. Memory has taken a hit, not so much remembering things, but more keeping thing fresh on my mind and even priorities straight throughout the day. I know a lot can be attributed to the other side effects, but it is still all frustrating.
The start of round 4 has rejuvenated me as they pump me full of good stuff along with the bad. It is good because I eat well again for this week. I tend to gain weight during this week and overall feel much better. About 3 weeks from now I will have new scans and for sure a different regiment to follow.
Thanks for the continued support
Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment