Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And that's Round 3 baby.

     Last week Eric had a follow-up with his radiation oncologist. Dr. Hunter was happy with what the radiation has done for the tumors in Eric's brain. Eric was able to see the comparison of C.T. scans and he said that you could see a difference which is exciting. The radiation will continue to work its magic even though he isn't getting treatments. Dr. Hunter would like to get an MRI in April sometime. He doesn't think that Eric will need further radiation treatment.



     Last Wednesday we had VISITORS! Our bishopbric stopped by to see how things are going for us. And I have been in touch with one of Eric's mission presidents the Debry's. They have been so sweet to call and check on us among other generous things. Ever since I met them at a mission reunion a year ago I have been after Sister Debry for bazillion food recipes. When they came by to visit they came bearing gifts. Have you ever had or heard of mousse de maracuja. YUM! She also gave me the ingredients and other recipes that I have been wanting. YAY! I have to say that the out pour of love and support given to Eric from his mission has been amazing.

A great missionary and a great friend, always cheerful and willing to help others ... I know that God loves us and know that our Savior is beside him at this difficult time he is passing ... I am praying for you buddy! Allan Brigido
     
     I had arranged for Eric's sister Mindy to help take Eric to treatments today because it's during Tayvia's nap time and it stresses me out to get Tayvia down in time and take Eric. Anyway, when Mindy came to get Eric her little girl didn't want to hang out with me so I took Eric and they stayed with Tayvia which worked out great anyway! Tayvia had a really fun time playing with them after she woke up from her nap. Tayvia showed them all of her new tricks, had some lunch, and read books.
     I really like it when I have a chance to be with Eric when he gets his treatment. It's not very exciting but I just like being with him. We met with a nurse practitioner (NP) to discuss how Eric is doing. Eric weighs 139 lbs which is down three pounds from his last visit. yikes! Where is my man withering away to? Come back! The NP would like Eric to drink an Ensure or Boost 2-3 times a day. His appetite isn't that great. Nothing sounds good or tastes like anything desirable so he has to force himself to eat most things or like the other night when our wonderful friends took us out to the Olive Garden Eric took an anti-nausea pill to make sure that he could eat without worrying about feeling yucky and he could enjoy his meal. So we will work on Eric drinking more Ensure with meals.



     Eric's blood pressure is a little low but not bad. (98/66). The NP said that his red blood cell count is low and borderline for needing a blood transfusion. She would like to hold off to see how he is at his next visit because between now and his next treatment he should start to feel less fatigued and hopefully his young robust body will perk up a little. Eric does seem to be quite sleepy these days and hasn't been to the gym in a week or more. She said that the gym maybe a little much right now and that he should try to get 20 minutes of mild exercise everyday by going for a walk or something like that.
     Since Eric finished radiation his ears have bothered him, feeling plugged and ringing most of the time. We will see if taking pseudoephedrine will help to dry out the water that sits in his ears and will help him feel not so fatigued. The NP would like Eric to get a hearing test this week just to see how much his hearing is being affected by treatment.
     Well, I think that's about all that has been going on. Eric meets with Dr. Chandramouli Friday and starts Round 4 Monday. Almost there....almost.

My babes taking a nap together. I love them! 

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine was talking about how her ears were feeling clogged. She rubbed tea-tree oil around the outside of her ear and she said her ears cleared up within the hour. I thought I'd pass the idea along since it's a cheap home remedy and it can't hurt to try.
    Also, send me a note if I can be helpful in getting Eric to eat. I've dealt with a good share of nausea over the past decade.

    ReplyDelete