A few thoughts from this past week of chemo.My heart is really grateful this week. It has been for a while from all of the generosity and support received from so many people. This last week we were able to receive some generous grocery donations. It is such a relief to have food storage and things that we need. Ever since we moved in our house I have been dreaming of having food storage in our spare room but didn't think it would happen for a while. This will also help so I can put dinners together easily.
Last weeks chemotherapy went well. I was able to drop off/ pick him up a couple times. Just one morning I took Tayvia over to Holman's (Eric's parents) while staying with him a couple hours. He was funny I was like I'm going to take Tayvia to your parents and come with you. He was like fine and didn't seem to care if I came with him or not. After hanging with him for a couple hours I told him that I was going to head home he gave me the same pout that he would give me when he was in the hospital. It's the "why do you have to go?" pout. Makes it so hard to leave. Other times Eric's parents were able to help drop off/ pick him up. Friday Paul (Eric's brother) was excited that his schedule worked and he took Eric.
Eric seems to have a lot of fatigue. He sleeps quite a bit during the day. I try to get him out of the house though. It's probably good for all of us to get out for a min. Monday for family night we took a drive up Parleys. Just up to Kimball Junction and back. On our way down the canyon Eric saw a moose. I was driving and didn't want to loose focus. Way cool though.
The skin on his head is recovering well from Radiation. It's not red anymore but is still pretty dry. His ears feel plugged (he thinks from radiation still) and he has some ringing (from chemo) so he is hard of hearing. He talks pretty quietly because in his head it sounds loud.
Do you remember how Eric's whole inner right arm was purple? Well no purple anymore just a small bruise left. Man that was a doozie though.
Right now he is working from home mostly because he will suddenly not feel well or get a headache etc. It wouldn't be fun to be stuck at work when that happens.
Sunday we had a few friends over to visit and watch the game. Before they came over I left Tayvia downstairs with Eric while I made some Muddy Buddies. When I was done and came down this is what I found.
**Eric's Post**
Chemo has been progressing. It usually takes a few days to kick in, but my main symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and appetite changes. Also my hands and feet tingle a bit after chemo and there is some loss of balance. For the most part I feel I can function pretty good and am finally getting enough strength to help out more around the house. I have not fully returned to work. It has been tough with the scheduling of the Chemo and the fact that my symptoms come and go pretty quickly which reduces my effectiveness in the office. I have been able to do business from home on the web and my cell phone however. As far as my fitness goes, I feel my left side has gotten a bit stronger and has almost caught up with my right. I can jog for a couple hundred yards usually without my legs giving out. Its definitely an interesting cycle as I start to think I'm getting stronger, then it seems chemo takes me back a week. I have about 5 weeks of chemo remaining with this week and next basically being recovery weeks (at least I only have treatments Tuesdays.) Hopefully positive progression will continue.
Thanks,
Eric

Good luck!!!! We keep praying for you to get better soon! Love, Morgan Gasser and Family
ReplyDelete