On Sept 3rd (when we were out of town for Labor Day weekend) Eric had a focal seizure- the day before he was going to be a free man to drive. 🤬 For the first time I gave him a medicine that stops seizures and it worked like a charm.😏
Fast forward to this past Thursday he called me because he was having another one. UGH🤬 I carry the medicine that stops seizures with me and thought, I'll give him one when I see him. After picking him up from work he agreed that maybe going to the ER wouldn't be a bad idea because his doctor wanted to get an EEG during one of Eric's seizures.
![]() |
| ER Shenanigans |

It was so hard to watch Eric go through clusters of seizures. They couldn't give him any medicine because we didn't want to ruin the readings of an EEG. But they also wouldn't order an EEG because it was 'out of his jurisdiction'. After 4 hours of Eric continuing to have the focal seizure activity and me advocating to get an EEG, he was admitted to the hospital for EEG observation. (It took talking to three different neurologists to get the ball rolling)
![]() |
| Not the date I was hoping for. He ate all the ice cream lol but we had fun watching a movie together. |
Visiting Daddy. Emery wasn't too sure about the whole thing and wouldn't sit with him. She did pucker up for a kisser though.
![]() |
| Poor Landry fell asleep before we were able to see Eric. The kids wanted to get Eric a new blanket to keep him cozy in the hospital. |






No comments:
Post a Comment