Sunday, August 20, 2017

Finally home from his 5 day stay

Eric said that when Dr. Nibly (cancer specialist) came by Saturday morning he said that from his point of view Eric could go home. We were waiting on the Infectious Disease doctor to give the ok. Eric's last fever was Friday night at 7:30 and hasnt had one since! They wanted him to go without having one for 24 hours before they would feel comfortable sending him home. They continued to watch his white blood cell count. It was still a little high but his body is just fighting to get better.
A different doctor from the infectious disease team came by to check on Eric. I think if it had been the original Eric would have had a good chance at going home.

Got a new hat in the gift shop and got to take a walk outside!


I was able to stay the night at the hospital Saturday to Sunday.  
When I got there Eric was having one of his episodes. It started before I got there. When I called him to tell him that I was on my way he was all fumbly it took a couple tries to talk to him. I thought this was a little weird. When I got there he was laying down which is normal but when I tried to talk to him his tongue seemed twisted and his words werent making sense. I snuck out to talk to his nurse because I wanted them to check him. Luckily his nurse was from Brazil so we had that to talk about so that Eric wouldnt suspect anything. (Eric doesnt like when I 'tattle') I was concerned because this seemed new to me and unlike his partial seizure episodes that he has had before. A resident came up and assessed Eric but we never heard back...??? We just walked the halls during the episode. Sometimes he could speak clearly and other times he wasnt making sense with the words he did get out. Finally it went away and he slept it off.


His friend was nice enough to bring up a gaming system to help kill some time!

About how it went lol

Sunday was another day of waiting around for answers....We went on a couple of walks and sat outside for a little bit. Dr. Nibly was a little concerned about what happened the night before and ordered an MRI. The MRI didnt happen until 3 in the afternoon. By day 5 its understandable that Eric was so bored, sick of being there and needed to go home. Dr. Nibly talked to infectious disease doctors and read the report from the MRI and let Eric go home. He needs to continue the anti viral medication to help get over the CMV and  Monday morning I'll be making a few phone calls to have follow ups with a neurologist, infectious disease and cancer specialists.



A visit from the kids was the best! Going home to them was even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment