Yesterday we met with Dr. Zimmerman who was very direct and thorough. She asked Eric tons of questions, asked if there was anything else we felt like she needed to know and did an exam to see how his dexterity and movement were.
She said that it sounded like he had a Focal Seizure. She wants him to have an MRI WITH CONTARST something they didn't do during his ER visit. She also wants him to have a sleep deprived EEG to see the electricity of his brain.
Eric is able to drive because he never lost conciousness and she discussed other safety precautions with seizures. In the future in the event of a seizure if it lasts more than 3 minutes Eric needs to go to the ER. She would like him to take seizure medication for the rest of his life. You never know when or where you will be if one happenes again. I know Eric isn't excited to take medications everyday but it will give me piece of mind.
Can I just take a minute and say that this seizure seriously took me by surprise. I mean no one told me that from the scare tissue where tumors once were that he could have a seizure down the road. I seriously thought the tumors were back. Eric hasn't needed to get an MRI because he hasn't shown any signs of needing one. We will have to talk to Dr. Chandramouli about that next time (march) when we go for a check up.
I'll end by saying ERIC IS A CHAMP! He wasn't worried at all about what happened. His nickname is EasyE for a reason. He is layed back and easy going even in the midst of everything. I seriously love him for that. He is my rock. Prayers have been answered yet again.

No comments:
Post a Comment