Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hearing Loss

Eric had an appointment today to evaluating his hearing loss.  In his left ear he has 40% hearing loss and his right ear had 10-15% heading loss.  Eric's ears didn't have fluid behind his ear drum or an excess of wax in them like before.  A bone in his ear is damaged from the chemo and isn't sending a clear message of what is being received.  You can do surgery but it's risky.  You risk the chance of damaging the bone even more.  The best solution would be hearing aids.  Eric is on the borderline of needing them vs wanting them.  He goes in on Friday to have an evaluation for hearing aids. I personally would love for him to get some.  Unless I have eye contact with him he doesn't usually know what I've said.  Therefore I have to repeat myself several times. You can imagine that would get old fast.  I think the main thing that would hold Eric back from going through with getting hearing aids would be the cost.  If you could please take some time to check a fundraiser Facebook page that my sister in laws sister is going to do for us we would greatly appreciate the support! It's called Cars for a cause.



This is a picture of Eric with his new hat that his parents brought back from Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment